Thank you for your request for information as outlined below:
Please could you provide the following information relating to Covid-19 vaccinations
1) How many applications have been made to the VDPS due to an adverse reaction to a Covid 19 vaccinations to date?
2) How many claims were sent for medical assessment?
3) Of those claims, how many have been assessed by medical assessors?
4) How many claims are in the process of being assessed?
5) Will the NHSBSA put a time frame in place for claims, gone for medical assessment, to be processed?
6) How many claims have been successful?
7) How many claims have been rejected by medical assessors?
8) How many claims have been rejected due to the balance of probability causation was not met?
9) How many claims have been rejected due to the claimant not reaching the 60% disability criteria?
10) How many rejected claims have made a mandatory reconsideration or appeal?
Your request was received on 20th December 2022 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
A copy of the information is provided below Please read the below notes to ensure correct understanding of the data. All data is as of 5 January 2023, relating to claims received by the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) and those transferred from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on 1 November 2021. All figures provided below relate to COVID-19 vaccinations.
3,374 claims have been received by the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme (VDPS).
1,914 claims have been sent for medical assessment.
501 claims have completed medical assessment. All assessments are subject to quality audit before the outcome is communicated to ensure claimants receive a fully considered outcome.
1,334 claims are currently in the process of being medically assessed.
We're unable to put a fixed timescale in place. This is because each claim is assessed on a case-by-case basis and some claims are more complex than others.
33 claimants have been notified they are entitled to a Vaccine Damage Payment.
468 claimants have been notified their claim for a Vaccine Damage Payment has been rejected.
Of these, 449 claims have been rejected where causation due to vaccination has not been accepted.
Of these, 19 have been rejected where causation was accepted but disablement due to vaccination was assessed as less than 60%.
44 claimants have requested a mandatory reversal of their claim.
If you have any queries regarding the data provided, or if you plan on publishing the data please contact email@example.com ensuring you quote the above reference. This is important to ensure that the figures are not misunderstood or misrepresented.
If you plan on producing a press or broadcast story based upon the data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is important to ensure that the figures are not misunderstood or misrepresented.
Failure to do so is a breach of the terms of the licence.
Information you receive which is not subject to NHSBSA Copyright continues to be protected by the copyright of the person, or organisation, from which the information originated. Please obtain their permission before reproducing any third party (non NHSBSA Copyright) information.