I wish to submit a request related to the Vaccine Damage Payment scheme.
1. Specifically, how many people have claimed a COVID-19 vaccine payment?
2. How many people have actually received a COVID-19 vaccine payment?
3. Can the total number of those payments be sorted/classified by death, disability and disease? If so, what is the number of claimants/payments for each category?
4. How much has the British government spent in total in payments under this scheme related to COVID vaccines?
5. Can the amount of spending by the UK government be classified by death, disability and disease? If so, what is the amount of spending for each category?
As of 1st December 2021, the total number of COVID-19 claims for a vaccine damage payment is 562.
Question 2 to 5
No payments have been made for a vaccine damage claim related to the COVID-19 vaccine. This is because these are very new vaccines and the possible links between the vaccine and potential side effects are still being investigated. This means it will take longer before we can determine whether an individual’s claim meets the first legal test of causation.
If you have any queries regarding the data provided, or if you plan on publishing the data please contact email@example.com ensuring you quote the above reference. This is important to ensure that the figures are not misunderstood or misrepresented.
If you plan on producing a press or broadcast story based upon the data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is important to ensure that the figures are not misunderstood or misrepresented.
Failure to do so is a breach of the terms of the licence.
Information you receive which is not subject to NHSBSA Copyright continues to be protected by the copyright of the person, or organisation, from which the information originated. Please obtain their permission before reproducing any third party (non NHSBSA Copyright) information.